Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Yes, we have no bananas


David has taken to throwing fits when he doesn't get his way.  I know I shouldn't be surprised...many people have told me that when it comes to terrible, threes are the new twos.  

And yet, this morning I had to step back and watch in awe as my sweet little boy cried and whined and yelled and pleaded with me for bananas in his cereal.  

Simple request, I know...but there were no bananas in the house.  And of course, there was no reasoning with him ("I can't put bananas in your cereal if we don't have any bananas.") or consoling him ("Let's go add bananas to the grocery list right now so that we have some for tomorrow morning.").  

My favorite moment in the half-hour long fit was when he asked me with great urgency to "please plant a banana tree so I can have bananas on my cereal."

And after all that, the solution was as simple as pie...er...carrots.  That's right, he finally came to terms with the fact that we had no bananas and opted for carrots in his cereal instead.  And yes, he ate it right up.

No comments: