Friday, June 25, 2010

Blast Off!



David is old enough to go to Vacation Bible School at our church - I'm pretty sure I was more excited than him about this.  I loved VBS as a kid and continued to volunteer until I went away to college.  It is so great now to watch my own kids experience some of what I loved about childhood.


David was a bit hesitant on his first day of VBS, but thanks to Miss Brooke, his super-nice group leader he managed to stay all morning on his own without being too upset.  By the end of the week he was a pro at joining his group as soon as we arrived.  


The theme of the week was Galactic Blast and the decorations included a huge rocket and a black-lit tunnel.  Miss Deb wore an astronaut jumpsuit every morning when she welcomed the kids.  David wanted to where his own astronaut suit, too (blue shirt and blue pants).  


David came home each day with a craft and a collector's card that included the day's theme, Bible verse, and "praise phrase."  He learned that:

  • Our God is wonderful!
  • Our God is incredible!
  • Our God is amazing!
  • Our God is magnificent!
  • Our God is awesome!

Praise God!

No comments: