Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Everywhere a Baa Baa

Everyone who knows David has also had the pleasure of meeting Baa Baa, a dirty little sheep whose ears need to be sewn back on every couple months.  Baa Baa is easily David's most treasured possession and quite possibly his best friend.  When he sees another child carrying a special stuffed animal, he calls it "their baa baa," even if it happens to be a bunny or an elephant. 
Naturally, when David found a small stuffed lamb amidst the gifts given to Lida by the folks at Good Shepherd he was pleased.  He immediately deemed this lamb to be Lida's Baa Baa and insisted on introducing the two sure-to-be-best-friends.  So far, Lida doesn't seem to be too interested, but David persists in bringing Lida's Baa Baa to her, most often when she is upset.  I've even caught him holding it up to her nose.  I asked him what he was doing, and he replied, "I'm showing her how to sneeze her Baa Baa."  It looks like I might need to stock up on spare lamb ears and white thread.

No comments: