The short days have begun to wear on us. After dinner, Keith and I look at each other and at the clock and say, "what are we going to do with this kid for another two hours?" If it were summer, we'd go for a walk or a bike ride or at least play in the yard, but when it's dark at 6:00 PM, our options are limited. A few evenings ago, we decided to make the most of our late-fall evening family time by doing something fun and productive...an activity, if you will. I had seen the idea for these little Thanksgiving treat bags in a magazine and bought all the supplies to make them with David. Now when I say "with David," I am fully aware of what that would mean in reality. David would scoop one load of pretzels, miss the bag, dump them on the floor, and then catch sight of the candy corn and spend the rest of "activity time" snacking while I filled all the bags.
I have to say though, I was pleasantly surprised by what happened. David stood on a chair and carefully filled eleven bags with snacks. He did so with great concentration (so much so that he didn't even both to taste the goodies until at least half the bags were filled). Of course, he spilled some and took great pleasure in letting us know each time ("uh-oh, uh-oh"), but overall he did an amazing job.
When the bags were finished, I asked him who we should give them to. His answer? You guessed it....Papa....and Tutu.
See more snack-bag-filling photos.
2 comments:
Yea David!! I miss you and am so happy you think of us even though we don't see you as often as we would like. I can't wait till Turkey Day!! Papa and I love you and Mommy and Daddy too.
I want one! I am so excited to see all of you in a few days, but first I have to write ten pages of junk for school. Blah.
Post a Comment