Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Fall Fun

I used to say that spring was my favorite season, but I think I was just in denial about dirty melty snow and lots and lots of rain. Sure, along with spring comes my birthday, but that doesn't hold quite the same excitement as it did when I was eight.

If I had to choose just one season to live in all year long it would have to be summer. I could never give up flip flops, swimming, biking, and sunshine, and I really don't think I've ever wished for summer to end.

On the other hand, winter...hmmm...winter doesn't deserve an entire paragraph in this post (just like it doesn't deserve more than two weeks on the calendar).

But of all the seasons, I've come to realize that autumn is my favorite. There's just something about putting on jeans, a sweatshirt, socks and real shoes after a summer of shorts and sandals. I live for that short span of time between air conditioning and heating that allows me to open the windows and feel the world as it was created to be. Pumpkins, falling leaves, cider (and donuts!), shopping for school supplies, football games, trick or treat, the list of fall favorites goes on and on. What would you add?

See more pumpkin pics here.

No comments: