Saturday, July 12, 2008

so much to do...so much to see

photos: David in awe of the parade, showing off his tattoo, and smiling for the camera.



This has been a full, yet somehow very relaxing day. It started off with a trip downtown to see the big parade (and by big I mean long...so long that we watched 30-40 minutes worth, walked to the library to change a poopy diaper, and came back outside to find that the parade was still going). Then, despite the drizzling rain, we walked to the farmer's market, got tattoos, checked out Chalk Walk and Art in the Park and headed home for lunch and family nap time.

This evening we headed back out to catch a Delirious? concert. David was surprisingly content during the concert (and super cute, of course), but we were concerned about the effects that loud music might have on his little eardrums, so he and I left early to grab a bite to eat and head home for bed.

I'm not sure what made this day so great...maybe just spending time with my family after being away from them all day yesterday. Plus, everything (from parades to tattoos to really loud concerts) is so much more fun now that we have David to share it with.

3 comments:

Niki said...

Rad tattoo, Dave!

Anonymous said...

David is smiling so big his eyes are closed!! Great pictures. And I love the walking video. Mom

Niki said...

I know you took pictures at my wedding. Now put them up so I can see them!