Friday, October 14, 2005

Wasting time

I'm listening to Derek Webb as I sit wondering how I can become so unmotivated at the end of the day. Perhaps it is because it's Friday, and I am pretty sure I am the only person left in a building that just had about 700 people in it. It is rather eerily quite save the noise of kids beating the pulp out of each other on the playground. I had fully intended to stay late after school today and do all that important teacher stuff: lesson plans, grading papers, cleaning spit balls off the wall.
But when I think about it, it isn't really that surprising that I would want to do nothing other than sit here. Actually, I could think of a lot of other things I would (or should) rather be doing, but than I couldn't be writing this, now could I? This is the point where I would normally give a lengthy explanation as to why I am not erasing the chalkboard, sharpening pencils, or gathering fire wood for the class furnace. You may be asking yourself why I have a furnace in my classroom, but I am asking you why does it matter? Wouldn't it be better to ask where I am getting firewood in the middle of the city? And why would I gather firewood when I can just recycle the spit balls or use pencil shavings?
Anyhow, that doesn't answer why I have become so lethargic and unmotivated. It only displays a dry sense of humor that is more tired rambling than humorous. Dry enough that I don't have to gather firewood for the furnace. And there you have it. The solution to all of our great conundrums.
Ok, I found my motivation again. And anyhow I can't really tell you what I was going to say anyhow. Asi es la vida. Tengo que tener un libro de la biblioteca ahora. Adios. A Dios.

No comments: